[Qgis-user] Re: measure angle tool

Tom mtnbiketrail at zzz.com
Mon Aug 23 21:34:42 PDT 2010

  Why is it when I use the "Measure angle tool"(grouped with the "info"
tool), if I draw a line from 0 and then run the cursor around it a
clockwise circle, the measured value goes  0 to 180 and  -179 to -1 to
0, I want to measure the obtuse angle like a compass, 0-360. nothing in
the help files. I have no clue if this is a built in plugin or add-in.

Also, I can't seem to get the Azimuth and distance plugin tool(0.8.5) to
work.  I want to draw a line that is true North. NO instructions on
their website.

And I'm using these to compare true north to magnetic north as
georeferenced raster files. The raster files are drawn to magnetic
north, with lines going to the 4 cardinal points as magnetic, but my
base map projection is in True North(+proj=utm +zone=10 +ellps=WGS84
+datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs). I want to georeference using magnetic
bearings.  I know the declination and the base map(geotiff) is correct.

thanks,
Tom