[Qgis-user] Shapefile structure viewer and editor plugin

Benoit de Cabissole benoit at exigesa.com
Tue Aug 24 14:51:49 PDT 2010

Hello List,

I've created a simple plugin that allows to view the structure of a
shapefile (X-, Y-coords alongside its attributes) and while at it I've also
added the capability to edit the geometry and attributes and save back to
the shapefile.

A corollary is that if you want to add a point by typing its coords you can
do it with the plugin (as André aka ALT SHN has suggested). You can even
create a new shapefile in QGIS and use the plugin to type in coords and
attributes or paste them from the clipboard.

Points, lines and polygons shapefiles can be manipulated.

BUT, I feel it is a quite dangerous plugin to release in a public repo
because of the potential damages bad edits can do on a shapefile!

I would thus be very grateful if the most intrepid amongst you could test it
and give comments on its usefulness...

The plugin is available at the address below:
http://www.bc-consult.com/free/bccshpv.html

Cheers,
Benoit