[Qgis-user] Re: georeference plugin, maximum distortion needed, and black background

Roland Hill Roland.Hill at FourWindsTechnology.com.au
Wed Feb 3 14:42:47 PST 2010

You can make the black surrounds to your warped image transparent by
right clicking on the layer, choosing properties, then selecting
Transparency. Add a new entry to the Transparent Pixel List using the
button with the star, then put 0 in for Red, Green and Blue (or 255 for
white backgrounds).

Roland