[Qgis-user] New Georeferencer

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:01:20 PST 2010

Just updated to QGIS r12953 via OSGeo34W, and tried out the new
georeferencer.  It looks great!

However, a couple of comments/issues that (IMHO) bring it a step backwards
from where it was.

- I am unable to get it to output a geotiff file.  Even when the "Output
Raster" is set to GeoTiff (the only option) it will write out only a .wld
file.  This then needs to be renamed to the appropriate extension (e.g. I
was using a .png input, so had to rename .wld to .pgw)  The pluging should
create the appropriate world file type based on the output file, or actually
write a Geotiff when it says it will
- the Georeferencer background is now white.  This is not ideal when trying
to find the corners of a white image.  I often georeference images based on
corner points, and was able to do this easily in previous versions.  Perhaps
an option for background colour, or set it back to black by default?
- A question--what will the "link Georeferencer to QGIS" and "Link QGIS to
Georeferencer" buttons do (once they are operational?)

I realize this is still under active development, so hope these issues are
being fixed/considered.

Cheers,

Darren