[Qgis-user] New Georeferencer

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Thu Feb 18 07:49:49 PST 2010

Hi Darren,

hmm, we're currently using new Georef intensively for referencing
literally hundreds of rasters to create Geotiffs.

It is not clear from the description of the first problem, whether you
cannot create Geotiff at all, or the problem is in "incorrect"
extension? We removed creation of wld in new Georef file as it is not really needed
when you generate Geotiff. This might be a good idea to return it
in options.

Please check out this small video as a proof that it indeed works for
referencing using corner points:
http://screencast.com/t/Mzk4NWZlNz

Regarding 2, I agree, this would be nice to be able to set.

Please open bug/feature requests on trac with clear explanations, if
you're still unable to make it work and suggested functionality.

Maxim