[Qgis-user] Problems with projections

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Feb 19 02:37:15 PST 2010

On 02/19/2010 11:20 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with changing the projection in qgis :
>
> For one:
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2010/02/usrshareqgispythonpluginsosmstylessmall.html

Hello Mike
I tried to have a look at the Kosovo layer above, and re-project it to
WGS84. Sorry, but I can only say that I got the same bad results you
did. I would guess that the original in not actually projected in any of
the Pulkovo projections that I could find (I tried several). According
to the included prj file it should be in EPSG 28467 projection. But when
I assume that is correct and try to re-project to WGS84 I get the same
"smear" that you got.
Cheers,
Micha
> It is looking for this file that is not there:
> /usr/share/qgis/python/plugins/osm/styles/small_scale.style.prj
>
> Second :
> I get a divide by zero :
> http://osmopenlayers.blogspot.com/2010/02/usrshareqgispythonpluginsftoolstoolsdor.html
>
> Thanks,