[Qgis-user] Mapping landslides

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 26 17:04:32 PST 2010

Inkscape works fine for importing that pdf (And almost any pdf assuming
it not a rasterized pdf) At most you'll need to select and group several
pieces into a single object and save it.

Most of these symbols are actually either very specific in size or are
line and fill types. Converting to SVG will only help with point
symbols. In the case of the symbols that are specific in size a png or
other non scalable graphic might be better to match the rules, SVG
should also work you'll just have always double check that you've got it
scaled correctly.

I know we were working on allowing user created lines and fills but I'm
not sure how far we've come and know you'll need at least version 1.4 to
start accessing that ability.

Thanks,
Alex