AW: [Qgis-user] Cadtools problem

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Wed Jan 13 02:32:16 PST 2010

Hi Ludovic

> First, when I try tu use the arc intersection tools on ubuntu 9.10 I never have a result, on
> windows xp it work perfectly, have you an idea ?
I developed it on a Ubuntu 9.04 machine so I have no idea... Just a guess: have you set the layer units to feet or meters?

> Second, when I try to use the Orhtogonal Line, I can select vertex, but when I wan't to select
> a segment, I can't. An over idea ?
I had some problems to find a good way to realize this. So the first select snaps to the current layer, the segment selection is snapping to background layers. I'm not sure if I figured out how it really works :) Please set the snapping options of the "segment" layer to the following:
Mode: to segment
Tolerance: 30
Units: pixels

Be sure it is enabled. Zoom in a bit when you want to select the segment.

regards
Stefan

Thanks

Ludovic