[Qgis-user] Python Console and python scripts geoprocessing in QGIS

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 02:12:45 PST 2010

> I think it would be useful if some of the authors of those python
> plugins can demonstrate how to use the functions / commands in python
> script in QGIS python console or just in python CLI. We can mix and
> match command for geoprocessing to unless the power of QGIS.

Hi Noli,

As far as I know, most plugins aren't set up to allow scripting of
their functions etc. We are currently working on incorporating all of
the fTools (Vector/Tools menu) into the core C++ api, so that users
and developers will have access to these functions via Python, but at
the moment only a few functions are implemented. Generally, it depends
on how the plugin authors have set up their modules, but more than
likely this is not possible for most plugins.

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer