[Qgis-user] Re: RasterCalc

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:00:57 PST 2010

Hi Agustin,

thanks for your interest and feedback

2010/1/22 Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>:
> 1. Resulting raster is loaded in qgis as name.tif instead as name as usual.
> 2. If name.tif is selected for processing, you get a syntax error
> 3. If name.tif is renamed to name in the Layers list, the syntax error goes
> away.

I'll fix all this issues tonight

> 4. Could you include a round() function?
> 5. In general, could you include all functions required to match
> r.mapcalc functionality?

Ok, I'll try to include round() function ASAP.
About r.mapcalc functionality. We plan to improve plugin in future,
but unfortunatelly now I haven't much time (need to complete one project).
As result I can't say how quick I can add this stuff. I'll add your request to
the TODO and implement it later.

> On Win XP (Standalone):
> 1.The plugin gets installed but cannot be run: "Couldn't import Python
> module 'pyparsing'. Without it you won't be able to run RasterCalc"
> Does this mean that RasterCalc can be run from the Osgeo4w version
> only? If this is the case, this notice should be issued at installing
> the plugin. And, most important, will we have RasterCalc working for
> the Standalone version soon? (I'm interested on using it for a course).

RasterCalc should work with both QGIS, standalone and Osgeo4w if all
required modules are present. Required modules are: numpy, osgeo.gdal
(Python bindings to GDAL) and pyparsing.

As far as I know numpy and Python bindings to GDAL are already present
in standalone QGIS. So if you want to use RasterCalc with standalone
QGIS you only need to download and install pyparsing into QGIS python
folder.

homepage: http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/
download page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/files/

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to email me.

Regards
--
Alexander Bruy
mailto: alexander.bruy at gmail.com