[Qgis-user] QGIS performance on large project

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 09:27:06 PST 2010

Hi Kurt,

The other mail thread on raster performance, although focused on jp2 issues, covers this topic.
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2010-January/007576.html

Follow to the end where Craig mentions performance increases across other raster types. Unfortunately, you will need to venture into the development branch. I believe you can get nightly builds of the osgeo4w package, but I am not sure. You can also find build instructions for various platforms on the qgis wiki.

Good luck,
John