[Qgis-user] Othos and QGIS forum

Tom Mort tom_mort at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 17:54:34 PST 2010

I am new to Quantum GIS and have a couple questions.  I have some layers
from an Arcview GIS that I can use, however, I am having trouble with an
ortho layer.

For the ortho layer I have 5 files.  They are .img, .img.xml, tif, .aux
and .rrd.

The layer shows up on the left part of the screen and I can see its
properties and so forth, however, I can't view the ortho image.
Transparency is set to none and I have tried with only the ortho layer
added as well as along with several other layers with the ortho either
on top of the list or on the bottom.

I can't see the image in any case.  In the case where the ortho is the
only layer turned on if I have transparency set to none everything is
black, if at 50% everything is grey, 0% white.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Also, I tried to register for the qgis forum several months ago and
could never login.  If I entered my username (email) and password it
said it hadn't been activated but I never received an activation email.
I contacted someone and they said their server was having problems.  I
tried again a few days later with another email with the same results.
My issue was that qgis wouldn't install with Fedora 11 so I dropped the
matter.  Since that time I've upgraded to Fedora 12 and there is a
different qgis package for it which does install, however, I still can't
login to the forum and I can't use either of my emails because they are
both associated with (inactivated) accounts.

Help please