[Qgis-user] Segmentation fault...

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Mar 1 07:25:49 PST 2010

On 03/01/2010 03:26 PM, Pedro Tarroso wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use QGIS 1.0.2 on a Fedora 11 machine but I get all the
> time a Segmentation Fault error...  I have looked in some forums for
> similar problems and there was a common problem about Qt. However, I
> already tried the Qt config without success. The strange behaviour is
> that QGIS runs fine as a super user! Can it be some permissions? Any idea?

I found the same problem running QGIS 1.4 on Fedora 12 after a yum
update recently (Feb 24 I think) which upgraded some qt packages. I also
find that QGIS starts when run as super user, and in addition, if I
switch to xfce instead of Gnome, QGIS starts fine (as a regular user).
Can you verify that under xfce (if you have that window manager
installed) on your setup it works?

Thanks,
Micha

> Thanks!