[Qgis-user] Problem with GRASS plugin on MacOsX

Erica Donnelly-Swift donneler at tcd.ie
Mon Mar 1 08:35:55 PST 2010

Hi

I'm working on a Mac OSX (Leopard -Mac OSX 10.5.8) with the sample
Alaska data set and I am having difficulty with the "Add Raster Layer"
in the GRASS plugin
If anyone could please give any suggestions, it would be greatly
appreciated, thanks

The raster layer I'm trying to upload is 'gtopo30'

I receive the following error:

"/Users/erica/Desktop/grassdata/alaska/demo/cellhd/gtopo30
is not a valid or recognized raster data source"

I have installed:
Qgis 1.4.0-2  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis)
GRASS.app.6.4 RC5-3 (Leopard)  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/grass)

The frame works I have installed are:

FreeType Framework v2.3.11-1
Cairo framework v1.8.8-2
GDAL1.6 complete
UnixImageIO framework v1.1.0a
Proj fameworkv4.7.0-1
GEOS framework v3.2.1-1
SQLite3 framework v3.6.22-1

The "Add GRASS Vector Layer" works fine for the Alaska data, but the
"Add GRASS Raster Layer" it is giving problems.