[Qgis-user] Problem with GRASS plugin on MacOsX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Mar 2 08:57:44 PST 2010

Sorry, you're on the wrong track, no need to compile anything.  Find a binary installer for the GDAL GRASS plugin on the GRASS-6.4-RC5-3-Leo.dmg that you downloaded to install GRASS.

On Mar 2, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Erica Donnelly-Swift wrote:

>> on the GRASS 6.4 RC5 installer disk image.  There are 2 installers: GRASS and the GRASS GDAL plugin.
>
> Yes i have downloaded the GDAL-GRASS plugin makefile and have followed the instructions in the ReadMe.txt.  I have copied the *.cpp and *.h sources from the frmts and ogr/ogrsf_frmts folders.....  however I am unsure of how to 'build it'. I do not know what 'cd' stands for....  I apologise if these questions seem trivial....

>>> yes, I meant to write ....  /Users/erica/library/frameworks

>>> I have downloaded  gdal-grass-1.4.3.tar.gz and I have been looking through the QGIS manual to "compile and install the GDAL-GRASS libraries" ..... however I am unsure how to configure
>>>
>> No, I mean on the GRASS 6.4 RC5 installer disk image.  There are 2 installers: GRASS and the GRASS GDAL plugin.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy