[Qgis-user] Problem with GRASS plugin on MacOsX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 3 07:10:35 PST 2010

Huh.  I guess we're back to the gdalinfo test now.

In a Terminal type (all on one line, if email breaks it join it back into one line):

/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.6/Programs/gdalinfo --formats

GRASS should be near the top of the list.  If it is, try (all one line again):

/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.6/Programs/gdalinfo /Users/erica/Desktop/grassdata/alaska/demo/cellhd/gtopo30

On Mar 3, 2010, at 2:37 AM, Erica Donnelly-Swift wrote:

>> Find a binary installer for the GDAL GRASS plugin on the GRASS-6.4-RC5-3-Leo.dmg that you downloaded to install GRASS.
>
> Yes I found the GRASS GDAL Plugin.mpkg on the GRASS-6.4-RC5-3-Leo.dmg. I followed the instructions  in the Read.Me.rtf  -  "GDAL GRASS Plugin: Install the GDAL plugin that is provided on this disk image."
>
> However, unfortunately.... when I load QGIS and try to upload GRASS raster I still receive the same error
> "/Users/erica/Desktop/grassdata/alaska/demo/cellhd/gtopo30 is not a valid or recognized raster data source"
>

> On 2 Mar 2010, at 16:57, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Sorry, you're on the wrong track, no need to compile anything.  Find a binary installer for the GDAL GRASS plugin on the GRASS-6.4-RC5-3-Leo.dmg that you downloaded to install GRASS.

>>> Yes i have downloaded the GDAL-GRASS plugin makefile and have followed the instructions in the ReadMe.txt.  I have copied the *.cpp and *.h sources from the frmts and ogr/ogrsf_frmts folders.....  however I am unsure of how to 'build it'. I do not know what 'cd' stands for....  I apologise if these questions seem trivial....

>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> "History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."
>>
>> - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.