[Qgis-user] Problem on Mac OS X: Saving Point data as a shapefile

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Mar 10 02:32:36 PST 2010

On 03/10/2010 12:12 PM, Erica Donnelly-Swift wrote:
> Hi Micha,
>
> Thanks for your response,  I have provided a small subset of my data
> below....  'X' is entered the X field and 'Y' is entered in the Y
> field when creating a layer from a delimited text file
> After entering the data I click on "layers"  option and choose "save
> as shape file" and i click on the Irish Grid reference "ESPG ID
> 29902". Then QGIS automatically shuts down

Worked fine for me with QGIS 1.5 on Fedora. Next step I guess is to
approach William Kyngsburye, http://www.kyngchaos.com/, maintainer of
the Mac OSX binaries, and ask if he can locate the problem. (I'm
assuming you installed his frameworks and binaries.)

Have you tried with Lon-Lat coordinates in EPSG:4326? Do you get the
same shutdown of QGIS?