[Qgis-user] Problem on Mac OS X: Saving Point data as a shapefile

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 10 06:49:29 PST 2010

I'm getting an error that a coord is out of the latlong range and can't project it to the Irish grid.  The problem is that the default projection is latlong WGS84 when importing a CSV (for some reason it ignores the project's CRS), and when you try to save the shapefile Qgis tries to project it to the Irish grid.

You need to set the imported layer's CRS (in its properties) before saving it to shapefile.