[Qgis-user] Scale dependent visibility

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 15 01:22:32 PDT 2010

Hi Heikki,

For every data layer you can set the scale-dependent rendering with
min/max values.

Go to layer properties --> General --> Use Scale Dependent Rendering -->
set min/max values.

For correct scale calculations it is important that you correctly set the
map units and projection parameters.

Unfortunately, a data layer can only have one scale range, if you want to
display the same layer with different filter and symbolization settings
you have to load the layer several times.

Alternatively, you can use a WMS server to serve your raster data and use
the scale-range settings of your mapserver. This way your users only have
to load one layer and the server deals with the scale settings.

Hope this helps,
Andreas

On Mon, March 15, 2010 7:28 am, Heikki Luhamaa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there somehow possible to apply "Scale dependent visibility" option on
> several raster layers or to the whole project at once? I have several
> projects where I need to have open several dozens or more raster layers.
> Despite qgis renders rasters quite quickly it would probably speed up
> things if I can hide them, at certain zoom level.
>
> Thanks,
> Heikki Luhamaa

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/