[Qgis-user] Edit UI

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 15 23:21:57 PDT 2010

Einar Guðsteinsson wrote:
> Ouch, one dev tool more to learn.... when day will be 26 hours :-)  Can
> I use action or something else to set default value?  one field is
> string with date and I want today always to be automaticly filled in.

Hi Einar,

26 hours to learn qt-designer etc is maybe not enough. But it's nice to
know and using it in combination with a python plugin gives probably
what you want.

another option is

http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/

which gives you without ui-file very very simple input forms (which
according the article you can even then manipulate using python (plugin).

Not sure about the last part...

Regards Richard Duivenvoorde