[Qgis-user] Edit UI

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 16 04:11:49 PDT 2010

designing forms with qt-designer is not that hard. Even I know how to do
it - and I am not a C++ programmer. You have to make sure that the widget
is compatible with the data type and that the widget names correspond with
the attribute column names.

The other tricky part is to use layouts and spacers: grid and form layout.
This helps to ensure that your forms can be resized and the widgets in the
layout will resize as well. Sometimes it may be frustrating if you invest
a lot of time to arrange widgets - then you apply a layout and it
rearranges a lot ...

All the rest is not really complicated.

Andreas

On Tue, March 16, 2010 7:21 am, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Einar Guðsteinsson wrote:
>> Ouch, one dev tool more to learn.... when day will be 26 hours :-)  Can
>> I use action or something else to set default value?  one field is
>> string with date and I want today always to be automaticly filled in.
>
> Hi Einar,
>
> 26 hours to learn qt-designer etc is maybe not enough. But it's nice to
> know and using it in combination with a python plugin gives probably
> what you want.
>
> another option is
>
> http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/
>
> which gives you without ui-file very very simple input forms (which
> according the article you can even then manipulate using python (plugin).
>
> Not sure about the last part...
>
> Regards Richard Duivenvoorde

Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/