[Qgis-user] Qgis_lite? and Android tablet Enso's zenPad

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Wed Mar 31 10:34:52 PDT 2010

Hello to all,

I'm Miguel Montesinos from gvSIG project. At gvSIG we have two mobile projects:
- gvSIG Mobile [1]. It runs on Java CDC/PP devices (aimed at PDAs-like). It features professional capabilities liek raster and vector support, WMS, GPS, editing, symbology, and much more.
- gvSIG Mini [2]. It runs on mobile phones, with two versions for Java CLDC/MIDP2 (Java phones like Nokia, Blackberries, ...), and an Android version.

Apart from gvSIG Mobile, currently at Prodevelop we are investing time and resources on gvSIG Mini for Android, licensed under GNU GPL, and we have the intention to keep doing so. We plan to release gvSIG Mini 0.2 stable version during the next days and publish it at Android Marketplace.

gvSIG Mini for Android is now a viewer of free access tile-based maps, like OSM, WMS-C and some open servers. It connect to some OSM services, like YOURS for routing capabilities or NameFinder.

I offer you to collaborate with us towards a common project, not reinventing the wheel again ;-)

BTW, it's written in Java, as most of Android apps.

Fancy working together?

Regards,

[1] http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-mobile/description-2/view?set_language=en
[2] http://www.gvsigmini.org