[Qgis-user] Mobile GIS - gvSIG Mini for Android 0.2.0 released

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Sat May 1 07:29:25 PDT 2010

Hi Paolo,

we are using external services. We use open OSM based services for routing (YOURS [1] and namefinder [2]). We also have detected that sometimes they are not available. YOURS is seldom out of service, but namefinder usually (not always) works fine. We depend on those services.

We were thinking about adding another routing service (ORS - OpenRouteService [3]), and to have it as a primary service, having YOURS as a backup. It will be likely be done in a further version.

If somebody knows any open service more reliable or valuable, please let us know, and we will study it to see if it can be included in gvSIG Mini.

Regarding crashes, I cannot say what's happened. We've tested it thoroughly, on different devices and different Android versions (1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1). It would be useful for us if you could send us a copy of a log file (they're placed in gvsiglogs folder at a root level of your SD Card), so that we can look into it and fix the problem ASAP, as well as saying us the device model and Android version.

Thank you for your feedback.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Namefinder
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenRouteService