[Qgis-user] Compiling QGIS on Ubuntu

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 10:50:36 PDT 2010

Greetings
I have used QGIS using a Synaptic Package Manager but now I really need to
compile QGIS (due to some interface). I'm not a experienced-Linux User so
I'm having a few difficulties. Hope someone could help me
Ok I have placed my QGIS source code in :
/home/kim/sources/qgis-1.4.0
and I created /home/kim/Qgis. Then I enter in this folder and do:
cmake
and I got the following errors:
anrr at vpc-anrr:~/Qgis$ cmake /home/anrr/sources/qgis-1.4.0
-- Found Proj: /usr/lib/libproj.so
-- Found Expat: /usr/lib/libexpat.so
FindGSL.cmake: gsl-config not found. Please set it manually.
GSL_CONFIG=GSL_CONFIG-NOTFOUND
-- Found GEOS: /usr/lib/libgeos_c.so
-- Found GDAL: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
-- Found PostgreSQL: /usr/lib/libpq.so
-- Could not find GRASS
-- Python libraries found
-- SIP executable is missing!
-- SIP header file is missing!
-- PyQt4 development files are missing!
-- Python bindings disabled due dependency problems!
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:640 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find QtCore header
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:178 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I have GRASS installed as well as PyQT4 and QtCore also. So my question is
how can I solve this error or, am I doing this installation wrong?

Thanks
Kim