[Qgis-user] point sampling tool crashes and takes down qgis

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Tue May 11 06:18:08 PDT 2010

On qgis 1.4 windows 'point sampling tool' plugin used to work fine and I found it very useful.  However now it crashes and freezes the computer only way out being to kill off the tool and qgis.  Not sure if this is because I was using smaller files previously or qgis 1.3 previously.  Now I am using rather large files containing many thousands of points in both sampling points and the raster, it gets through a few hundred before crashing.