[Qgis-user] Feature Query of WMS Layers Fails

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Tue May 11 11:54:30 PDT 2010

Does QGIS support querying features from a WMS Layer?

I am trying to query some layers on our Manitoba Land Initiative WMS
server and the queries are not returning any feature information except
the location of the mouse click. A friend a work here tried querying the
same layers using uDig and was able to get feature information returned.

QGIS is able to draw the features with no problem.

Is the feature querying working for QGIS?

The URL of the WMS server is:
http://mlidata.gov.mb.ca/wms/request.aspx

Could someone from the group check out querying features from the
layers:
MLIDATA_TRN_HIGHWAYS
MLIDATA_TOPONOMY
MLIDATA_TOPONOMY_LABELS
MLIDATA_BDY_MUNICIPALITY_PY

These should all contain feature information that can be returned.

(I have been using the CRS - EPSG 26914 for drawing the features)

Thanks,
		Bob

**  Bob Bruce, FEC, P.Eng.     Geomatics Support Engineer
**  Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca        Manitoba Geomatics/Remote Sensing Branch,
**  work # (204) 945-6636      1007 Century Street,
**  FAX  # (204) 945-1365      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3H 0W4
**
**  The Manitoba Centre for:
**   Cadastral & Topographical Mapping, and Remote Sensing
**   See us on the Web at: http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/
**        Check out our digital maps at: http://mlidata.gov.mb.ca/WPMLI
**                 and: https://mli2.gov.mb.ca/