[Qgis-user] Updated GdalTools

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 18 10:29:54 PDT 2010

It's still not finding the GDAL programs.

I don't think you need to set the GDAL data or driver paths in a normal GDAL installation, they're built into the binaries.  But when GDAL is bundled in the Qgis application for the standalone Qgis, the data path needs to be set to the bundled GDAL.  Any add-on drivers will be installed outside of Qgis in the defined driver path, so you don't need to worry about this with a bundled GDAL.

The python setting could be tricky (on any system even) - python scripts run from Qgis use the compiled-in python interpreter, and so are hardwired to a specific python installation.  But python scripts executed externally (are GDAL python programs executed externally or from the internal interpreter?) will run the default python on the user's system, which may or may not be the same used by Qgis.