[Qgis-user] Updated GdalTools

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue May 18 09:54:56 PDT 2010

Hi William

I tried to fix this issue in latest experimental GdalTools (r291).
Settings dialog added where user can select directory with GDAL
binaries. I'm no sure if it necessary to set/customize other variables
such as GDAL_DATA and PYTHONHOME.

I can't test this fix (I don't have a Mac and don't know any person
with it). Please test and report if it work.

On Sun, 16 May 2010 13:38:04 -0500
William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> I didn't request it directly (just a general request of plugin developers), but did you add a configuration option to set the path to the GDAL programs?  Applications (ie QGIS) on OS X don't get anything from the shell environment, like the PATH, and so won't find the GDAL programs in the GDAL framework (and on older systems for those that compile a non-framework GDAL, /usr/local/bin is not in the default PATH).
>
> There is a hidden mechanism to add environment variables to applications, but most OSX users won't know about it, and there is no built-in way to configure it (just a 3rd-party pref pane).

Thanks

--
Alexander Bruy