[Qgis-user] Using GRASS in QGIS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon May 24 12:34:07 PDT 2010

On 05/24/2010 05:47 PM, Kim Besson wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I'm a GRASS user and I decided to test QGIS with GRASS-QGIS plugin. I
> have 2 questions:
> 1- How can I integrate a GRASS gfunction in QGIS?
What do you mean "gfunction"? The functions that are implemented in the
GRASS Toolbox appear in an xml file (on Linux it's
/usr/share/qgis/grass/config/default.qgc) and the configuration of each
module's GUI in QGIS is setup in a specific *.qgm file (also xml format)
located in /usr/share/qgis/grass/modules/.

> 2- Can I apply a GRASS function, already integrated in QGIS, to a
> dataset yhat is not in GRASS location/mapset?
No. But the GRASS import functions are all available from the GRASS
Toolbox in QGIS

> Thanks
> Kim

Micha Silver