[Qgis-user] automatic refreshing qgis maps

Didier Genier didier.genier at gmail.com
Thu May 27 01:41:51 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

I have a need for a gps-tracking application. With a static position of map
I want refresh one ore more vector layers (points) to follow vehicles. Data
side the work is allready made with a PostGis database and Talend ETL to
write every 15' seconds a view with the last position of tracked vehicles.
But, in QGis I must refresh manually to see the latest positions.

I have tested to write something like iface.mapCanvas().refresh() with
python, it's work but my without automation.

My question :

- Is something allready existing to do this ?
- Is somebody able to help me for writing a plugin fo doing this ?
- Is this need enough interessant for developpers for a wish to the next
version ?

Thank you