[Qgis-user] An idea/wish for QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 24 12:38:01 PST 2010

Hi Jorge,

So you would like to place already created SVG charts/diagrams at given
point features in the map and one column in the data would indicate the
SVG file name? Is this correct?

If yes, it shouldn't be too hard to implement. We already have
data-defined label properties, data defined symbol scaling and rotation.
It should also be possible to choose SVG symbols from a data column. I
would have use-cases for such a data-defined property as well.

You can already add certain folders to the SVG symbol list, so you could
add the folder containing the SVG diagrams and then choose the column
containing the filenames fo the symbols.

Andreas