[Qgis-user] An idea/wish for QGIS

Jorge Tornero jorge.tornero at cd.ieo.es
Thu Nov 25 00:24:49 PST 2010

Hi All and Andreas and Tom,

First of all: My apologies for my verbosity and also for haven't
realized that I could configure the folders via software instead of
messing around with folders and links. ALso for thinking that it wasn't
possible to see what svg is loaded. I don't know why but i didn't get
the mouse over tip with the name of the file. I've seen it in another
installation of QGis and it is just fine.

Maybe it would be better if the user could browse through the configured
svg folders instead of having all them in the view. If you use a lot of
diagrams (and taking into account that all you see is a tiny thumbnail
of the svg and sometimes they are similar) maybe they will be too much
for clearly differenciate between them.

 Anyway, the idea of Andreas (symbol by field, say so) is very good, and
maybe what would be great is to get the svg directly from a BLOB field
in the database (in the case of PostGIS layers), or the path to the file
like Andreas suggested. But maybe it would be a vane effort taking in
account that now it works fine.

In few words: Just making possible to browse the SVG symbols (like now)
but with the symbols inside their folders.

That would be perfect for me.

Thank you very much for your help

Jorge

Jorge Tornero Núñez
Centro Oceanográfico de Cádiz
Instituto Español de Oceanografía
Puerto Pesquero - Muelle de Levante, s/n
11006 Cádiz - España
Tel. +34 956294189
Fax. +34 956294232
www.ieo.es