[Qgis-user] GPS tracking tool

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 20:00:10 PST 2010

I am investigating how to use Android phones (e.g. cheap Aus$159) [1]
with GPS to work on QGIS Tracking tool. Using the serial port and BT
(bluetooth) [3]

[1] http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1559207

Another thing, snapping photo with geo tags works out of the box with
Android phones, a bonus. Huawei IDEOS is far better GPS than the
expensive Samsung Galaxy S phones.

Android GPS using gspd (serial port)
[2]http://www.praetorian.com/blog/?p=291

GPS 2 Bluetooth
http://www.androidfreeware.net/download-gps-2-bluetooth.html

Anybody manage to use Bluetooth GPS with Qgis tracking tool?

Noli