[Qgis-user] Qgis crash on start up under OS X

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 00:37:04 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 18:31 -0600, William Kyngesburye wrote:
> See if you have a crashlog for QGIS.  Check Console.app and look in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter.
>
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I just installed Qgis 1.6 on my mac and it is crashing on start up.  Qgis 1.5 was working fine.  I have been getting this message on start up:
> >
> > Unable to load the plugin: Unable to load required package rpy2.
> > Please ensure that both R, and the corresponding version of Rpy2 are correctly installed.

Hi Kurt, all,

this error message is likely raised by HomeRange_plugin.
You can start qgis with all plugins disabled

qgis --noplugins

(see qgis --help for more options)

and then, in the plugin manager, disable HomeRange plugin.
Restart QGIS normally, it should not crash anymore.

To re-enable the plugin you need to install/upgrade rpy2 according to
your R version. Another plugin that needs R is manageR, usually if one
works, the other works too.

let us know!
Anne