[Qgis-user] Re: FILE .dwg and .cad

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Tue Sep 7 15:28:46 PDT 2010

If anyone is interested, I made a Mapinfo .tab file with multiple
geometries.  QGIS says it is a polygon layer, and ignores the point
data, but does display the polylines.  I'm not sure whether this means
the polylines are actually stored as polygons though.
How do you "filter each geometry type and save to shapefile"?  Maybe DGN
files are handled differently from .tab files...

Alister

> Il 06/09/2010 16:52, Duarte Carreira ha scritto:
> > Andreas,
> >
> > But QGIS reads DGN files directly, I assume through OGR, and with
all geometry types in a single layer. We can then filter each geometry
type and save to shapefile. Can't QGIS work the same way with DWG
theoretically? If/when OGR provides a dwg driver that is similar to the
dgn driver, then I would assume this would work.