[Qgis-user] QGIS & windows xp 64 bit

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 10:33:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

> I am also having difficulties with qgis 1.5 in xp 64. sorry for not
> helping.

I found a collegue with a xp 64 bit machine and I'm having an hard time:

the osgeo4w installer, when a package is choosen, does not mark for
installation its dependencies. I tried to select pretty much what is
needed for a basic installation, but then it doesn't starts saying it
miss "proj_fw.dll".

The standalone installer installs but then qgis does not starts with a
very criptic (windows) message:

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)

Anyone know if things are better on a more recent 64bit windows OS, like
Seven?

>  except i could not see any icons in all menus.

I reported the problem a few times and also opened a ticket.

cheers

-- Giovanni --