[Qgis-user] QGIS & windows xp 64 bit

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:08:05 PDT 2010

Hi Volkan,

> I installed with QGIS-OSGeo4W-1.5.0-14109-Setup and it seems that
> pywin32 is missing or could not see the python module even paths are
> defined. qgis140 has no problem with pywin32.
>

> if it is not missing, my path definitions are wrong, since could not
> import the module. tried several path definition but stacked with
> pywin32 at qgis1.5.0 in win xp 64 bit.
>

> I think it is not specific to 64 bit, is it?

I don't know. I don't have a copy of XP 64 bit as in this case I'm
trying to help a collegue remotely: at his workplace they are thinking
switch to arc* because of the problems they are having with qgis/xp 64
bit.

If anyone has clear direction on how make qgis 1.5 work fine on xp 64
bit please step in, otherwise it will be a lost occasion for qgis.

thanks in advance

-- Giovanni --