[Qgis-user] test of 1.6 for amd64 debian squeeze

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Sep 12 10:05:42 PDT 2010

Il 12/09/2010 14:59, blavet ha scritto:
> *Dear Paolo,
>
> Thank you for this information !*
>
> I must say that  as i plan to use GNU/Linux to work daily  without
> "surprises "  i'll go in fact from Debian testing to Debian stable,  so
> for me the Debian experimental and "unstable" sid branches seems  a bit
> "risky" ..

I can only tell about my experience: after several attempts at keeping a stable
version, I concluded that it is not reasonable to do so, as we always need the latest
and greatest features of QGIS (and GDAL, GRASS, etc.).
I used testing for 10 yrs now, but on several machines I switched to unstable.
IMHO unstable is a misleading term, as it is just as good for the everyday use.
You get the occasional bug creeping in, but also the latest fixes are quickly
incorporated.
All the best.