[Qgis-user] Composer crashes qgis

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Apr 6 00:50:56 PDT 2011

Hi,

Wondering if someone could make some suggestions on this?

I've a project that was originally set up in 1.6 and has 10 different composers attached to it.

I've loaded it up and resaved it into 1.7 (trunk). Now when I try and print from any of these composers one of these two things happens:
1. QGIS crashes.
2. QGIS and the printer fail to complete talking to each other (the printer says spooling and QGIS behaves like it's already finished sending the data). At which point I usually get impatient and I try to print a second time which causes 1.

I've updated my osgeo install.
I've recreated one of my composers in the problem project (it doesn't work).
I've attempted to replicate with a simple 1 shape project (it works fine).
The other workspaces that I've tried seem fine.

A type 1. bug trace is here: http://www.members.westnet.com.au/ramon_et_al/QGISPrintErrorType1.txt

A successful print (from the simple project) bug trace is here: http://www.members.westnet.com.au/ramon_et_al/QGISSImpleProjectSucessfulPrint.txt

I can put up a type 2 but trace, when I get it happen again.

I'm guessing, recreate the project and composers?

-ramon.