[Qgis-user] Zooming on raster maps - Identify error

Dr. F. Patrick Graz fgraz at unam.na
Wed Apr 13 02:11:28 PDT 2011

Hi Radim (and list),
I have finally had the time to follow up on your suggestion, although I
don't have the capacity to rebuild QGIS.

Using QGIS 1.6 I opened my grass raster layer and used the Info tool to
query. I then opened a grass session and zoomed in on the same point (a
pixel corner actually) and used the pixel query.

The coordinates shown in QGIS differ from those in grass by about 3m in
latitude (resolution of my data-set is 2m). However, when I tried to
compensate (moving the cursor to the coordinates that grass showed) I still
did not get the right result to my query in QGIS.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Patrick