[Qgis-user] styling a KML/KMZ file using QGIS?

Ryan Dalton ryankdalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:16:39 PDT 2011

I was wondering if QGIS (or any plugins) allow you to "style" a layer
(shapefile in my case), and then export the shapefile and style into a
KML/KMZ that will allow the user to open the KML/KMZ in Google Earth and see
the layer symbolized the same way that it looked in QGIS.  Whenever I export
to KML and load into Google Earth, I only get the online boundaries in a
single color.

Example, unique colors of US States where each state is a different color.
It looks like the Shape2KML tool does this, but I'm wondering if this type
of function has been implemented in QGIS.  See examples here for a better
visual:
http://www.zonums.com/shp2kml.html

Thanks.