[Qgis-user] Change CRS of WFS layer

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:41:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 03:18 +0800, Hilmy Hashim wrote:
> But isn't wfs suppose to allow you change the CRS and have it serve
> the reprojected data? In any case, what is the purpose of the CRS
> Change button in the plugin?

this is from the Mapserver manual

"Contrary to WMS, the OGC WFS specification doesn’t allow a layer
(feature type) to be advertised in more than one SRS. Also, there is no
default SRS that applies to all layers by default in the OGC WFS spec.
However, it is possible to have every layer in a WFS server advertised
in a different SRS."

so it seems it is really a protocol limitation.

> My problem is, qgis does not at the moment handle my projections
> (EPSG:3168 and 3375) correctly.

how so?

cheers

-- Giovanni --