[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.7 Does not load after installation

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Tue Aug 9 08:58:25 PDT 2011

Hi Nome,

Have you tried installing QGIS with administrator rights? Right-click on
the installation file and select 'run as administrator'. Install the
program that way and see if it solves your problem.

Another thing you can try: I once had a problem where QGIS wouldn't load
and eventually tracked the problem down to the program nircmd.exe which
is used to run the batch file that launches QGIS. The antivirus software
on the computer in question was flagging nircmd as a virus and
preventing it from running. Maybe this is the cause of your problem? Try
double-clicking the qgis.bat file in the qgis folder to see if you can
run it that way.

Frank.