[Qgis-user] QGIS slower on new, faster Linux machine

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 17 12:44:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

I ran into similar issues with very large polygons. It was a clipping
problem. I believe it was fixed with a patched qt version in the windows
version, but if you use the original qt packages from ubuntu, the fix
wouldn't be present.

Are you using old or new symbology? I believe the issue is not present
any more in the new symbology.

If it still is - would you be willing to share the dataset with the
geometry that causes the problem? Marco perhaps could have a look at it.

btw: your machine seems very powerful to me. It really shouldn't be a
hardware issue.

Andreas