[Qgis-user] Re: Testing the CSW plugin

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:12:50 PDT 2011

2011/8/22 Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com>:
>>The "Add WMS" button enabled only for records with "liveData" type.
>
> Yes, this is clearly readable in your docs.
> Unfortunately, GeoNetwork's CSW populate the "type" of the csw response
> using the
> value from the tag "hierarchy-level".
> This value has a set of availables values, but there isn't the "liveData"
> value as optional value.
> So I'm not able to produce a good metadata able to activate this very
> interesting function.
>
> From a quick search I guess the "liveData" is available only in the
> esri-systems.
> So perhaps is an enhancement of the esri-profile.
May be you're right. In this case it is possible to enable this button with
other type values.

> In the ISO19115/19139 specs for the tag HierarchyLevel (for the csw-type
> tag) could be the "service" value.
Ok, I'll update plugin to handle also "service" type.

> However I like better understand why is need to have only the metadata
> "liveData" as WMSadd-able.
> I guess, instead, that every metadata having an URL and a protocol named
> OGC-WMS could be a good candidate to have the "AddWMS" button available.
May be I'm wrong, but seems that there is no strict requirements which
tag in metadata
should specify is this WMS resource or not, also different servers
store URL to this
resource can be stored in different tags.

--
Alexander Bruy