[Qgis-user] Re: Testing the CSW plugin

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:40:14 PDT 2011

 > May be you're right. In this case it is possible to enable this
 >button with
 > other type values.

should be great :)

 > May be I'm wrong, but seems that there is no strict requirements which
 > tag in metadata
 > should specify is this WMS resource or not, also different servers
 > store URL to this
 > resource can be stored in different tags.

You are perfectly right.
The metadata ISO19115 allow many combinations.
But however also a "dataset" or "series" type (hierarchylevel)
could be have a WMS URL infact a simple metadata
could be of "dataset" or "series" type (hierarchy-level) and
give the information for a WMS/WFS/Download in the
section
distributionInfo -> transferOption

I guess that in the protocol field there is a OGC-WMS string more
probably the URL (if available) is forward a WMS server.

But of course this is only one of many availables configurations.

In GN, for example, there also the possibility to link a "dataset"
metadata to a "service" metadata.
Retrieving so the info on the WMS url (from service) and the idlayer
(from dataset).
This combination will allow to add not only a WMS to wms list, but it
allow also to add directly a wms layer to the canvas.

But of course this is a very special and complex configuration.