[Qgis-user] Newbie to GIS and QGIS

Jel Coward jel at wildmedic.org
Wed Aug 24 08:39:03 PDT 2011

Thank you all!  You are very welcoming.  Which is likely a big part of QGIS'
community success.

You have given me some great pointers and I will get to work on my learning.

Cheers all

Jel Coward
Sent from a super-snazzy open-source Android phone.
On Aug 24, 2011 6:26 AM, "Burton, Jim" <jim.burton at uk.ngrid.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I found your tutorial two days ago and thought it was a perfect example of
promoting the use of GIS by the local community.

qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Chapman

our website (http://www.dauntseydrainageboard.org.uk/html/tutorials.html).
> These are aimed at United Kingdom parish councillors with no GIS or
mapping background assumed, so they should work for almost anyone. All the
maps used are available for free download.
> I've used Windows and Ordnance Survey maps, but it should be relatively
easy to follow using any version of QGIS or maps.