[Qgis-user] ArcGIS 10 and QGIS 1.7

Christine Schmidt c.schmidt at geoTguide.de
Wed Aug 24 12:42:57 PDT 2011

Good evening all,

have recently installed QGIS 1.7 on a Windows XP machine. It works really fine and I havn't met any difficulty until now. Thanks to this really engaged community ...

Should install a time limited version of ArcGIS 10  for educational purposes now on the same machine. Should have better done this in another succession, I know. Remember some troubles mentioned in this list with ArcGIS beeing installed after QGIS, as ArcGIS also uses Python.

Because I am now in worry about my clean QGIS installation, I am considering to uninstall QGIS 1.7, then install ArcGIS 10 and after all install QGIS 1.7 again.

May I expect the uninstall process of QGIS beeing complete enough not to get another trouble after a second installation of QGIS 1.7 ?

Thanks for an advice,
and regards,
Christine