[Qgis-user] Trouble with classifying a Spatialite layer

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Aug 30 00:20:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to classify a Spatialite layer but if I select the VARCHAR type attribute to be used for classification and press the Classify button in Layer Properties - Style dialog the value list does not appear.  I can classify the layer manually by creating classes with Add class button and writing the values by hand. If I convert the Spatialite layer into shapefile and use that in QGIS then the automatic classification works. I used ogr2ogr for conversion as
> ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -sql "select * from osm_line where highway in not null" highways.shp berlin.sqlite

I am using QGIS 1.8.0-Trunk r339d800 installed with Osgeo4W on Windows XP.  My test database can be downloaded from http://188.64.1.61/tiedostot/berlin_2011_08_25.zip. Database contains OpenStreerMap data of Berlin converted first into PostGIS with osm2pgsql and then to Spatialite with ogr2ogr.  The QGIS layer I was trying to classify is the osm_line layer filtered with sql="highway" NOT null.  Classification method is Unique value with the old symbology and Categorized with the new symbology. Neither of them show me the attribute value list.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-