[Qgis-user] new xytools plugin: now open and save simple Excel files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 16 00:17:22 PST 2011

On 2011-12-16 08:47, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> * whe exporting, I always get a double file extension: filename.xls.xls
> - no matter whether I specify the filename with or without the extension

mmm, bug 1

> * when exporting, it would be nice to optionally offer additional x/y
> columns for point geometries, or the option to export as wkt geometry.
> These additional columns could be appended to the end of the attribut
> columns.

Nice idea: feature request 1

> * If the import would also support import of wkt, one could round-trip
> data through export to excel --> editing of data in Office/Openoffice
> (e.g. for people who do not have QGIS installed) and then import it again.

feature request 2

> * when importing data it would be nice if the importer allows a better
> option to import data without a geometry or x/y columns. Currently one
> can import data without x/y column, but only by clicking the "cancel
> button". It would be good to have an additional button labeled "Import
> without geometry".

feature request 3

> These are mostly enhancement ideas, not bugs.

Thanks! Feedback is always nice, en fuels me to do this :-)

And this part of the plugin is not difficult. I encourage people with
some python knowledge to take the source or fork to github and try to
solve/add these kind of things.

I'll happy to pull it in.

Regards,

Richard